Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Green Drink



You know Dr. Oz of Oprah fame? Well he swears by this “green drink”. You can find the recipe online, just Google it. It contains apples, carrots, ginger, parsley, cucumber, celery, lemon, and spinach. Anyway, I decided I would try it for myself. Actually the plan was to have a glass every morning as suggested by Dr. Oz. I did have it one morning last week, but it turned out to be too much effort in the morning though. You have to wash and clean all the fruits and veggies, and then you have to clean out your juicer if you want it to continue working smoothly and looking brand spanking new forever. All this before heading out to work in the morning…I’m not that organized to keep it up. However, today is a light work day, so I made some this morning. I did not follow an exact recipe, I just juiced two apples, two carrots, 1/3 of a cucumber, a very large handful of spinach, half a lemon, a piece of ginger, a small bunch of parsley, and three sticks of celery. You’ll get two wine glasses full from this amount of fruits and veggies.


By the way, don’t do what I did…remember to place a glass under the juice spout.


Here’s what it looks like. I know what you’re thinking...that it looks like swamp water, right?


Well it doesn’t taste like swamp water. It’s not that bad actually. Maybe I'll add more fruit to the mix to make it more palatable. I would definitely have it every morning if prep and clean up wasn’t such a hassle...even with an easy to clean juicer like mine. I don’t think it would be safe to make it ahead and keep a batch for later either. Oh, well.

If anyone out there is doing this every morning, I’d love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment