Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nice and Hot with Milk and Honey



Are you wondering why there is a bird perched on top of my teapot? It's a teapot drip catcher.

This past fall the morning after my sister and I returned from a short trip to Paris, we decided to have breakfast at Alice's Tea Cup in Manhattan, NY. It was sort of a celebratory morning for me because I had just returned from my first trip to Europe and I was celebrating being able to eat a big breakfast again and more importantly to have some tea. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed Paris and the food! But the entire time I was there I was craving tea. Tea the way I like it, nice and hot, strong with milk and honey. When at home I have to have atleast one cup of tea before the day is over or my day is just not complete. I had tea several times while I was in Paris but for some reason it just didn't do it for me. I had bad tea luck in Paris :( The tea was always either weak or luke warm, just blah. So back to Alice's Tea Cup, we had a great breakfast there that morning and I finally got my tea. Not just a cup of tea but my own individual pot of tea! And the tea was just the way I wanted it, strong, nice and hot with milk and honey. Here's a picture of my pot of tea from Alices Tea Cup:


See that bird on top of the purple tea pot? That's where I first saw this ingenious invention, the teapot drip catcher. I thought it was the cutest thing and had mentioned to my sister that I need to get one of my very own for my teapot at home. My sister on a later trip to Alice's Tea Cup discovered that they had these cute drip catchers for sale there. She very kindly purchased one each for both of us. And now I have one of my very own!


By the way, notice how my cats are trying to steal the spotlight by getting in my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment