Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

saffron and cardamom

Hello there! This blog began at the urging of my younger sister…tired of me calling her up nearly every week to report what I’ve cooked, how I cooked it and how lovely it turned out. I’m not that great of a cook, just a home cook and a wanna-be foodie. I’ve procrastinated starting this blog for quite some time because from what I can see of the food bloggers whom I follow, they all write really well, take beautiful pictures and seem very knowledgeable. I just don’t think I’ll fit into this very sophisticated food blogging world, but am going to give it a try anyway.

Here’s a little about me…I’m a 30 something Indian-American, born in Kerala, India and raised in NY. My husband and I live in Newburgh, NY with our two feline dependents. I can’t say I LOVE the process of cooking, but I do enjoy cooking for others and I do love to eat. When I cook, it’s usually Asian (mainly Indian), Guyanese, Italian, Spanish, or good old American…but I’ll try anything.

So here at my blog you’ll find my attempts at duplicating meals I’ve had at restaurants that I absolutely loved, recipes from cookbooks/other bloggers/friends/family, nostalgic trials at recreating mom’s Kerala dishes, ambitious trials at recreating Guyanese dishes which are nostalgic to my husband, in addition to some of my own everyday staples. Please don’t expect daily entries (I have a day job), don’t expect recipes to be “authentic” or for me to use exact measurements all of the time, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE forgive bad writing, any typos, misspelled words or poorly lit/focused/framed photographs. FYI, I don’t have a fancy camera, just a Lumix. Remember, this will be a work in progress… Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment