Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Morning Pancakes



These pancakes are so thick and fluffy that I can only eat two. The stack of three in the picture above was devoured by my husband K. This recipe is adapted from a Martha Stewart "fluffy pancakes" recipe but I've made a few changes. Martha's calls for powdered milk plus water, I prefer to use nonfat milk. Hers also calls for double the amount of baking powder than I've used. I've added vanilla extract which pairs so nicely with maple syrup. Try using the best quality vanilla extract you can find. I used Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract.


Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract ( use a good quality one for best results)
2 tablespoons melted butter ( I used salted)
3/4 cup nonfat milk

Makes 6 pancakes

Directions
Mix all of the above ingredients together lightly. Do not beat or blend smooth. Simply stir together until the ingredients are incorporated and let it remain a bit lumpy. Then go ahead and cook your pancakes on a well greased cast iron griddle or lightly greased nonstick griddle. Serve with 100% pure maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment